The Level 3 Diploma in Plastering is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work in the industry in their chosen craft.
It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on you showing what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The qualification comprises:
- General core units.
- Occupation specific units.
- Synoptic practical assignment.
- Multiple choice unit end tests.
- Online testing of knowledge – E-volve
All the units of training must be completed by you. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible.)
To gain the diploma, you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests. You must also pass the e-volve online test.
This qualification contains both practical and theory based elements.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Building methods and construction technology
- Know how to fix dry lining and plasterboard products to interiors
- Fix dry lining and plasterboard products to interiors
- Know how to produce plaster components
- Produce plaster components
- Know how to position and secure fibrous plaster components
- Position and secure fibrous plaster components
- Know how to apply plaster materials to produce complex internal surfaces
- Apply plaster materials to produce complex internal surfaces
- Know how to apply plaster materials to produce complex external surfaces
- Apply plaster materials to produce complex external surfaces
- Know how to form screeds and granolithic finishes
- Form screeds and granolithic finishes
- Know how to prepare and run in-situ moulds
- Prepare and run in-situ moulds
Health and Safety:
Safety while on this course is paramount, this is a hands on, practical course and it is essential you bring your own safety boots, (steel toe cap if possible). It is also recommended that you bring with you overalls or a change of clothing.
Any other safety equipment required will be provided.
All materials, tools and equipment are provided throughout the duration of your training.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, you must ensure that you have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
Dates, times and duration to be confirmed.
Course costs – £2,995 + VAT
Ideal for students living in Swadlincote, Burton, Chesterfield, Derby, Tamworth, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.