Our Plastering Level 1 Diploma is fully funded for 16-18 yr olds with progression being on to Level 2 or/and and Apprenticeship.
The Level 1 Diploma in Plastering is designed to prepare you to enter the Construction industry. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on you showing what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The qualification comprises:
- General core units.
- Occupation specific units.
- Synoptic practical assignment.
- Multiple choice unit end tests.
- Online testing of knowledge
All the units of training must be completed. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible.)
To gain the diploma, you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests.
You must also pass the online tests.
This qualification contains both practical and theory based elements.
- Construction health and safety.
- Further skills for plastering.
- Skills for plastering.
- Construction principles.
- Cost calculations.
- Handle, move and store materials.
- Personal skills in the construction industry.
- Personal wellbeing in construction.
- Repair and maintain plaster work.
- The construction industry.
Health and Safety:
Safety while on this course is paramount, this is a hands on, practical course and it is essential you bring your own safety boots, (steel toe cap if possible). It is also recommended that you bring with you overalls or a change of clothing.
Any other safety equipment required will be provided.
All materials, tools and equipment are provided throughout the duration of your training.
COURSES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR