The Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying Course is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work in their industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on the learner showing what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The qualification comprises:
- General core units.
- Occupation specific units.
- Synoptic practical assignment.
- Multiple choice unit end tests.
- Online testing of knowledge.
All the units of training must be completed. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible.)
To gain the Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying, you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests.
The Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying qualification contains both practical and theory based elements
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Analysing technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Analysing the construction industry and built environment
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Construct chimneys and fireplace structures
- Construct complex masonry structures
- Construct decorative features
Safety while on this course is paramount, this is a hands on, practical course and it is essential you bring your own safety boots, (steel toe cap if possible). It is also recommended that you bring with you overalls or a change of clothing.
Any other safety equipment required for the Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying course will be provided.
All materials, tools and equipment are provided throughout the duration of the Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying course.
The Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying course is available at our Swadlincote, Burton and Chesterfield training centres, making it easily accessible for students throughout the Midlands, including Derby, Tamworth and Uttoxeter.