The Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying is Fully funded for 16-18s and 19-24’s (unemployed)
2/3 days per week (41 weeks)
COURSES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
The Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying in designed to develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work in their industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on the learner showing what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
This course is a Study Programme for 16-18’s which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
The qualification comprises:
- General core units.
- Occupation specific units.
- Synoptic practical assignment.
- Multiple choice unit end tests.
- Online testing of knowledge.
All the units of training must be completed. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible.)
To gain the diploma, you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests.
The Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying qualification contains both practical and theory based elements.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction.
- Carry out safe working practices in construction.
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others.
- Information, quantities and communicating with others.
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology.
- Building methods and construction technology.
- Know how to interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures.
- Interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures.
- Knowledge of thin joint masonry and masonry cladding.
- Thin joint masonry and masonry cladding.
- Know how to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers.
- Build solid walling, isolated and attached piers.
- Know how to build cavity walling forming masonry structures.
- Build cavity walling forming masonry structures.
Health and Safety
Safety while on this course is paramount, this is a hands on, practical course and it is essential you bring your own safety boots, (steel toe cap if possible). It is also recommended that you bring with you overalls or a change of clothing.
Any other safety equipment required during the Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying will be provided.
All materials, tools and equipment are provided throughout the duration of your training.
The Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying is available at our training centres in Burton, Chesterfield and Swadlincote, which makes us ideally located for students in Derby, Uttoxeter, Leicester, Nottingham, Tamworth and throughout the Midlands.