Chameleon School of Construction offer Plastering NVQs to students nationwide.
Plastering Level 2 NVQ Basic – CSkills
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plastering – Solid (Basic) qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Plastering – Solid (Basic) within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Applying Finishing Plaster to Background Surfaces in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
- Installing Direct Bond Dry Linings in the Workplace
- Laying Sand and Cement Screeds to Levels and/or Falls in the Workplace
- Applying Projection Plaster and Maintaining Equipment in the Workplace
- Installing Mechanically Fixed Plasterboard in the Workplace
These NVQ qualifications request the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
This qualification is supported by federation FIS.
If you need to obtain a CSCS/CPCS card, or simply want to be recognised in your area of expertise by gaining a qualification, this qualification is for you.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, you must ensure that you have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
The Health and Safety CSCS test will be required to enable you to work on site.
Course costs – £900 + VAT
Book now by contacting us on 01283 213427, visiting our Contact page, or receive further information on our Plastering NVQs by completing the form below: