Chameleon School of Construction offer the Painting and Decorating Level 3 NVQ to students nationwide.
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing – Painting and Decorating – Decorative Finishing qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Decorative Finishing – Painting and Decorating within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
The Painting and Decorating Level 3 NVQ supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
- Applying Paint Systems to Complex Surfaces by Brush in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in two of the following optional units:
- Hanging Wide-width Vinyls in the Workplace
- Hanging Standard Paper Wallcoverings in the Workplace
- Applying Coatings by the Airless Spray Method in the Workplace
- Applying Coating by the Air Spray Method in the Workplace
- Producing and Applying Complex Stencil Designs in the Workplace
- Hanging Wallcoverings to Complex Surfaces in the Workplace
- Hanging Specialised Paper Wallcovering in the Workplace
- Applying Metal Leaf to Surfaces in the Workplace
- Producing Comb Textured Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Straight Grained Effects in the Workplace
- Producing Marbling Effects in the Workplace
- Producing Quality Replica Grained Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Quality Replica Marble Finishes in the Workplace
- Installing Coving and Decorative Mouldings in the Workplace
- Applying Coatings to Produce Textured Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Broken Colour Effects in the Workplace
- Producing Stencil Designs using Pre-cut Stencil Plates in the Workplace
The Painting and Decorating Level 3 NVQ is supported by federation Painting and Decorating Association (PDA).
If you need to obtain a CSCS/CPCS card, or simply want to be recognised in your area of expertise by gaining a qualification, this qualification is for you.
The Health and Safety CSCS test will be required to enable you to work on site.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, you must ensure that you have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
Course costs – £900+ VAT
Interest free payment plans are available.
Book your Wall and Floor Tiling Level 3 NVQ place now by contacting us on 01283 213427, visiting our Contact page, or receive further information on our Tiling NVQs by completing the form below: