The Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work in the industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on the learner showing what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The qualification comprises:
- general core units
- occupation specific units
- synoptic practical assignment
- multiple choice unit end tests
- online testing of knowledge
All the units of training must be completed by you. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible.)
To gain the diploma, you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests.
The Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating contains both practical and theory based elements.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction.
- Carry safe working practices in construction.
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others.
- Information, quantities and communicating with others.
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology.
- Building methods and construction technology.
- Know how to prepare surfaces for decoration.
- Prepare surfaces for decoration.
- Know how to apply paint systems by brush and roller.
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller.
- Know how to apply standard papers to walls and ceilings.
- Apply standard papers to walls and ceilings.
- Know how to produce specialist decorative finishes.
- Produce specialist decorative finishes.
- Know how to apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment.
- Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment.
- Know how to erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms.
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms.
Health and Safety
Safety whilst taking the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating is paramount, this is a hands on, practical course and it is essential you bring your own safety boots, (steel toe cap if possible). It is also recommended that you bring with you overalls or a change of clothing.
Any other safety equipment required will be provided.
All materials, tools and equipment are provided throughout the duration of the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
We are pleased to offer this course at our training centre in Burton, Swadlincote and Chesterfield, making us ideally located for students in Derby, Tamworth, Uttoxeter, Leicester, Nottingham and all nearby areas in the Midlands.