Work Experience at Woodhead Group
We are passionate about providing skilled workers for the construction industry, we aim to give our learners a fantastic experience that can be related to the construction industry as well as gaining the skills within the workshop for their chosen career in construction.
Work experience is important for learners, its about teaching them the real life working on site and how employers work to high standards, It develops their skills and mind-set to help them become a great worker for the future for construction.
If you can help our learners gain more experience in an construction or motor vehicle environment then please get in touch, we would love to hear from you. 01283 213427
CITB are now helping employers in the construction industry
If you are a construction company that employs less than 50 people you can benefit from Flexible Fund – Skills & Training funding pot.
To apply and find out more please follow the link below.
About grants and how to claim
The CITB Grants Scheme provides funding for CITB-registered employers to train, upskill and qualify their staff.
This ensures that the right skills are available to help the construction industry grow and that standards are maintained on site.
You can claim a grant once the training has been completed.
Follow the link for more information – http://www.citb.co.uk/levy-grant/claiming-grants-available/
Taking on an apprentice
There are so many benefits on taking on an apprentice for your company. Here are Learn Direct Top 10 Benefits of Apprenticeships
- The average Apprenticeship improves productivity by £214 a week
- Apprenticeships are a tried and tested way to recruit new staff, re-train or upskill existing staff
- Up to 100% funding could be available to support Apprenticeship programmes in your business
- Apprenticeships can help you tackle skill shortages
- Learning can be done in your workplace, minimising disruption and maximising impact
- Apprenticeships are a great way of attracting enthusiastic talent with fresh ideas
- They can be tailored to specific job roles, making them flexible to the needs of your business
- Apprenticeships provide you with the skilled workers you need for the future.
- Apprenticeships can help reduce staff turnover, by increasing employee satisfisfaction and loyalty
- From April 2016, if you employ an apprentice below the age of 25, will no longer be required to pay employer National Insurance contributions for them
IF you want to know more including how to access free funding and Grants eligible to you for taking on an apprentice, follow this link.
Chameleon can help you facilitate the training, click our Apprenticeship link to find out more. http://www.chameleonschoolofconstruction.co.uk/apprenticeship-framework/