Plastering Level 1 Diploma
Our Plastering Level 1 Diploma is fully funded for 16-18 yr olds with progression being on to Level 2 or/and and Apprenticeship.
The Level 1 Diploma in Plastering is designed to prepare you to enter the Construction industry. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on you showing what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The qualification comprises:
- General core units.
- Occupation specific units.
- Synoptic practical assignment.
- Multiple choice unit end tests.
- Online testing of knowledge – E-volve
All the units of training must be completed. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible.)
To gain the diploma, you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests.
You must also pass the E-volve online test.
This qualification contains both practical and theory based elements.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction.
- Carry out safe working practices in construction.
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others (level 1).
- Information, quantities and communicating with others (level 1).
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology (level 1).
- Building methods and construction technology (level 1).
- Know how to prepare background surfaces and plaster materials.
- Prepare background surfaces and plaster materials.
- Know how to apply plaster materials to internal backgrounds.
- Apply plaster materials to internal backgrounds.
- Know how to produce components from moulds.
- Produce components from moulds.
Health and Safety:
Safety while on this course is paramount, this is a hands on, practical course and it is essential you bring your own safety boots, (steel toe cap if possible). It is also recommended that you bring with you overalls or a change of clothing.
Any other safety equipment required will be provided.
All materials, tools and equipment are provided throughout the duration of your training.
COURSES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR