Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
The Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying is designed to prepare learners to enter the industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on the learner demonstrating their knowledge and skills through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The qualification comprises:
- Mandatory units.
- Synoptic practical assignment.
- Multiple choice unit end tests.
- Online testing of knowledge.
All the units of training must be completed. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible.)
To gain the diploma, you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests.
This qualification contains both practical and theory based elements.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction.
- Carry out safe working practices in construction.
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others.
- Information, quantities and communicating with others.
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology.
- Building methods and construction technology.
- Know how to carry out basic blocklaying.
- Carry out basic blocklaying.
- Know how to carry out basic bricklaying
- Carry out basic bricklaying.
- Know how to carry out basic cavity walling.
- Carry out basic cavity walling.
- Know how to contribute to setting out and building basic masonry structures up to damp course level.
- Contribute to setting out and building basic masonry structures up to damp course level.
Health and Safety
Safety while on this course is paramount, this is a hands on, practical course and it is essential you bring your own safety boots, (steel toe cap if possible). It is also recommended that you bring with you overalls or a change of clothing.
Any other safety equipment required will be provided.
All materials, tools and equipment are provided throughout the duration of your training.
COURSES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR