Fully funded for 16-18s and 19-24’s (unemployed)
2/3 days per week (41 weeks)
The Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work in the industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated condition and the test(s) are based on the learner showing what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualifications.
This course is a Study Programme for 16-18’s which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
The Qualification comprises:
- General core units
- Occupation specific units
- Synoptic practical assignment
- Multiple choice unit end tests
- Online testing of knowledge – e-volve
All of the units of the training must be completed by each learner. ALL outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. (Evidence from site based testing is not permissible).
To gain the diploma, learners must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment and multiple choice unit tests. They must also pass the e-volve online test.
Another important feature of the Qualification is that it provides a progression route towards achieving a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ).
Units covered include:
- Know how to carry out safe working practice in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Building methods and construction technology
- Know how to carry out small scale masonry trade repairs
- Carry out small scale masonry trade repairs
- Know how to carry out small scale painting, decorating and associated trade repairs
- Carry out small-scale painting, decorating and associated trade repairs
- Know how to carry out small-scale plastering trade repairs
- Carry out small-scale plastering trade repairs
- Know how to carry out small-scale plumbing trade repairs
- Carry out small-scale plumbing trade repairs
- Know how to carry out small-scale wood trade repairs
- Carry out small-scale wood trade repairs
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, you must ensure that you have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
COURSES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR