The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in bricklayer or blocklayer within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Erecting Masonry Cladding in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Maintaining Slate and Tile Roofing in the Workplace
- Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations requests the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
This qualification is supported by federation Association of Brickwork Contractors (ABC).
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, you must ensure that you have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
The Health and Safety CSCS test will be required to enable you to work on site.
Course costs – £900+ VAT
Book now by contacting us on 01283 213427, visiting our Contact page, or receive further information on our Trowel Occupations NVQs by completing the form below: